Symbian Development Problems: Emulator terminates ASAP


I ran into a problem while developing a symbian application for Nokia mobile phone which are running S60 3rd Edition of Symbian.

After coding lots of codes, and then I tried to run the application using only the emulator provided by the SDK, it terminated immediately. There where no error during the building process. It just terminated.

After series of tries, I still failed to run my application. I don't know what the problem is, whether it is because of my codes or my emulator?

I asked my team mate to run my code in his unit and it worked pretty fine. After getting the feedback, I browsed to my emulator and run it. Immediately, it terminated. My theory is that the application (emulator) is crashed. I tried to uninstall it. Removed all the related directories and restarted my computer.

I installed the emulator again and still had the same problem. I noticed that my application has indicated FP_6, what it was before was FP_5. Because of this I found the error. It should be FP only. I think this is a bug during installation. You must have installed the emulator before that's why this is happening.

I simulated the error in a VirtualBox Machine running Windows 7 and I was correct.

The very solution that I have is to reinstall my operating system.

image by: http://www.andreasmarkessinis.com/

Leave a Reply